JOIN THE EMAIL LIST
- Is the daughter of a Holocaust survivor and career naval officer
- Earned her engineering degree from Stanford with an ROTC scholarship and received her M.S. in Technology and Policy from MIT
- Captain in the USAFR; 3 years Active and 13 years Inactive Reserve
- Served as COO of AND1 Basketball, helping transform the company from a startup to a major apparel and footwear brand
- Founding COO of B-Lab – a nonprofit that promotes B Corporations and good business practices
- Worked as a chemistry teacher in North Philadelphia and was a Teach for America Corps member
- Most recently, Chrissy served as President and COO/CFO for Springboard Collaborative, a Philadelphia-based nonprofit focused on improving early childhood literacy in underserved communities country-wide
- Is the mother of Molly and Carly, 24 and 22, and lives with her husband, Bart, in Devon
news from the trail in pa-6
THE Wall Street JOURNAL, 5/21/17
“There’s a real fiction in our national narrative that the Republican Party has the corner on the market on patriotism,” said Chrissy Houlahan, a former Air Force captain who is challenging GOP Rep. Ryan Costello in a suburban Philadelphia district that Hillary Clinton carried in November.
Republicans are most concerned about growing signs of Democratic intensity. Over the past few weeks, a series of formidable Democratic candidates have announced bids against Republican incumbents. The group includes Jennifer Wexton of Virginia, Jason Crow of Colorado, and Chrissy Houlahan of Pennsylvania. All are running in suburban districts, the kind of areas where Trump’s falling political fortunes could be a weight on GOP incumbents.
Press Release, 4/26/17
"I am deeply disturbed by the recent Republican efforts to gut the healthcare system which would result in less coverage and higher costs for thousands of Pennsylvania residents," said Houlahan. "Under this plan, states can choose to end critical health benefits and allow insurance companies to charge higher premiums to people with pre-existing conditions.”
Lebanon Daily News, 4/11/17
An Air Force veteran with an accomplished background in business has announced she is running for Pennsylvania’s Sixth Congressional District seat.
Chrissy Houlahan formerly unveiled her campaign on Monday, launching a website and wasting no time in blasting second-term Republican incumbent Ryan Costello for his support of President Donald Trump's policies.
“As a veteran and business leader, I cannot stand by while President Trump inflicts damage to our nation," she said. "Unfortunately, Representative Ryan Costello has shown an eagerness to rubber-stamp this Administration’s dangerous social, economic, educational, and military policies.”
Press Release, 4/11/17
DEVON, PA – Today, Air Force Veteran, small business leader and educator Chrissy Houlahan announced her campaign for Congress in Pennsylvania’s 6th Congressional District.
“It is time our district had a representative who truly represents our core values,” said Houlahan. “Coming from a family with a strong history of public service, I will use my business and nonprofit background to serve our district and work to create good jobs, promote strong families, improve and strengthen education, fight for veterans and hold this administration accountable.”
Reading Eagle, 4/11/17
READING, PA - Chrissy Houlahan said public service has been a driving force in her career to this point.
She has served in the Air Force, she has been involved with Teach For America and she has worked as an executive for a nonprofit literacy organization. But now she's ready to try something new, she said.
The Chester County Democrat announced today that she's running for a seat in Congress.